HSE Recovery is an insurance policy which provides businesses regulated by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) with expert help when you need it.
As a business which is subject to HSE regulations, if there is an accident or an unannounced inspection, you can be sure that any resulting investigation will be costly and time consuming. New government regulations mean that more than 60% of HSE investigations result in a 'Fee For Intervention' (FFI) being charged to the employer.
HSE Recovery gives you access to an H&S expert to help you through the process if this happens, and provides cover to help you with this cost if you are notified of an HSE intervention.
We have access to a product that will provide initial expert advice by phone to guide you on actions you should take and how to handle the HSE inspection, review relevant documentation and help you draft a response. An expert will meet you at your premises to provide further advice, if you are notified that a subsequent HSE visit will be made.
We compare prices from a range of leading insurance providers
Features and Benefits
Any business can be affected by an unannounced inspection or an accident at work. If you are subject to HSE regulations, this product helps you manage that risk and minimise the impact on your business.
- Review and Advice (limit of fees indemnity £25,000)
- > Initial telephone advice and review by a Health and Safety Consultant upon notification of a covered possible Health and Safety Executive Intervention
> Initial Personal Attendance of the Health and Safety Consultant
> Personal attendance by the Health and Safety Consultant during Health and Safety Executive visit and subsequent interviews
> Disputing Free For Intervention notice and fees where in the reasonable option of the Health and Safety Consultant an FFI notice or fee is invalid
- Attendance at PACE interviews (limit of fees indemnity £5,000)
- Attendance of a Health and Safety Consultant at Police and Criminal Evidence Act Interviews (PACE)
- Fee Intervention Scheme (limit of indemnity £25,000)
- Payment to you of any valid fees payable by you to the Health and Safety Executive under the Fees for Intervention Scheme
- Legal fees in the employment of a solicitor (limit of indemnity £5,000)
- Payment to you of legal fees incurred in the employment of a solicitor to advise you in the event of notification by the Health and Safety Executive that they wish to conduct a Police and Criminal Evidence Act Interview (PACE)